Manufactured by W.T. Allen & Co Ltd London.
Historic Context: Originally a Victorian pillar letter box stood at the junction of Enys and St. Anne’s Roads. The pillar box appeared on the maps of 1899, 1900, and 1910. Between 1910 & 1925 it was removed and replaced by a GR (George V) wall box on the other side of the road adjacent to No 6 on the boundary pillar of the former vicarage of St. Anne's Church (the church in Upperton Gardens was bombed and set on fire in August 1942 and replaced with housing in the 1950’s). The GR wall box was replaced c1955 by the current ERII wall box.
References: Map details from the National Library of Scotland online.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments will be reviewed before publication to remove any spam or abusive language. Comments may take up to 48 hours before they appear on the Blog.