Licence plates were attached to the base of a wall where the licence holder was permitted to stand whilst awaiting hire.
This is one of the plates that I 'discovered' that had not previously appeared in any survey results, but when I found it it was painted black with white lettering, so clearly someone had been looking after it. The spike or tang that would normally be inserted into the ground is missing. It's not known if it was originally attached to the the wall in this location, or if it was in the ground as most of the other plates are, but the base of this wall is in the gutter, so I suspect it was fitted above ground higher up the wall.
Repainted by Bob Cookson.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments will be reviewed before publication to remove any spam or abusive language. Comments may take up to 48 hours before they appear on the Blog.